Last Updated: April 12, 2022
This policy describes how Pinch Med, Inc. (“Pinch”) collects data, treats data and what we do and what options you have regarding the collection and use of your data.
Information We Collect
- Aggregated information. We may collect, aggregate and anonymize non-personally identifiable information into statistics regarding user behavior such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
- Registration information. We may collect Information in the course of your use of, or registration with, our site. For example, when you create an account, register for or download an app, or sign-up for a product or service, you may provide us with certain personal information. This type of personal information may include name, phone number, postal address, email address, or certain payment information (e.g., credit card and billing information). We may also collect Information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, services, and content available on or through our site.
- Other information you provide. When you interact with our site, you may share other information about yourself by, for example, creating a profile, or filling out a survey or application. We may collect this type of sensitive information if you participate in surveys, focus groups, or opportunities to test new products, programs, or services. We collect this sensitive information with your consent, if required by law, and we take steps to protect and limit any use of it to the purposes for which it is provided.
- Information from others; inviting friends. We may collect Information other people submit about you. For example, a friend might submit Information to invite you to participate in a joint service, make recommendations, or share content. By processing these requests, we may receive your Information, including a recipient’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or information about your interest in and use of various products, programs, and services. Some portions of our site may also allow users to invite friends to participate in activities by providing their friends’ contact details or importing contacts from your address book or from other sites.
- Location information. We may have access to certain Information about your location, such as your country or address, when you provide it either directly or via device information. If you access our site on your mobile device, we may collect Information about your device’s precise location. We also may derive a general location from device information (such as an IP address).
- Information you provide through camera access. For some features, we will ask for permission to access your device’s camera. If you grant permission, you may be able to take pictures or video within the app experience. Other facial scanning technology may be used for research, analytics, and enhancing consumer experiences.
- Technical and usage information. We also collect certain technical and usage information when you use our site, such as the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, your Internet service provider or mobile carrier, unique device identifier, device and browser settings, the web pages and apps you use, and certain site usage information.
We use Information for the purposes described in this policy or disclosed at the time of collection or with your consent.
Providing and marketing products and services. We may use the Information we collect about you through our site to fulfill your requests for, and otherwise provide or analyze your use of our products, programs, and content, to facilitate sharing and other interactions with Social Media Sites, and to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve your experience and our offerings. For example, we use Information we collect to enable you to do things like (i) get information about our products, services, and content, (ii) locate and access personalized information or functionality based on your interests or location, (iii) engage with interactive features, activities, and Social Media Sites, (iv) read and post comments, content, and reviews, (v) fill out surveys or provide feedback, or (vi) enter promotions and contests. We may also use Information to offer, market, and advertise products, programs, and services from us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
Communicating with you and others. We may use Information about you to communicate with you, such as (i) to notify you when we make changes to our policies or user agreements, (ii) to respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service, (iii) to communicate with you about your purchases or transactions, (iv) to contact you about your account, or (v) to send you information about promotions, offerings, and site features. You may also choose to receive push notifications from us on your mobile device. If you choose to submit content for publication online or in other forums, we may publish your screen name or username and other Information you have provided to us on our site, the Internet, or elsewhere. We use Information that you provide about others to enable us to send them invitations, promotions, or other content on your behalf or through our site. From time to time, we also may use this Information to offer, market, or advertise products, programs, or services to them from us and our affiliates, and business partners.
Use of technical and usage information. We may use technical and usage information to improve the design, functionality and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your experience with our site and offerings. For example, we may use this Information (i) to provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve our site, products, and services and to operate our business, (ii) to perform analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our site, (iii) to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, (iv) to create aggregate data about groups or categories of our users or other demographics, and (iv) for us and our affiliates, business partners, and select third parties to target, offer, market, or advertise products, or services.
Disclosure and Sharing of Information
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection:
- With your consent. We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- Change of control. We may transfer Information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
- Service providers. Organizations that perform services for us may have access to Information to help carry out the services they are performing for us, such as, but not limited to, creation, maintenance, hosting, and delivery of our site, products, and services, conduct marketing, handle payments, email and order fulfillment, administer promotions, conduct research and analytics, or customer service.
- Affiliates. We may disclose Information to affiliates. For example, we may share Information we collect with our affiliates to provide, improve, offer, market, and otherwise communicate with you about their own products and services. Public recognition may derive from, for example, use of common branding elements, advertising, press, social media reports or other public forms of notice.
- Linked sites. Our site may contain links to other sites, including Social Media Sites, whose information practices may be different from ours. Information you submit to other sites will be governed by the other sites’ privacy policies and terms.
Your Options and Control
Marketing communications and sharing with third parties. We provide you with an opportunity to express your preferences with respect to receiving certain marketing communications from us, and our sharing of personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you ever decide in the future that you would like to update these preferences, you may contact us. To opt out of receiving our email marketing communications, you can also follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any marketing email you receive from us. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us, but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions to stop the delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.
For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in self-regulatory programs, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising website. To learn more about interest-based advertising in mobile apps and to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices tool, please use this link to download the version of AppChoices for your device. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
To opt out of our own collection, use, and transfer of data as described above for interest-based advertising, please visit our Opt-Out page to opt-out. Please note that if you opt out, we will continue to collect data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising on our site based on your activities on our site.
You may have more options depending on your mobile device and operating system. For example, most device operating systems (e.g., iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provide their own instructions on how to limit or prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems to learn more about these features and how they apply to tailored in-app advertisements.
Precise location information. To disable the collection of precise location information from your mobile device through our mobile apps, you can access your mobile device settings and choose to limit that collection.
See also our Cookies and Other Technical Information section for more choices about managing other technical and usage information.
Cookies and Associated Technologies
Cookies and associated technologies. We, and our affiliates, vendors, and business partners may send “cookies” to your computer or use similar technologies to understand and enhance your online experience at our site and through our advertising and media across the Internet and mobile apps.
Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. We may also use pixels or “web beacons” that monitor your use of our site. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a webpage for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the web beacon appears, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the web beacon, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. We may also integrate SDKs into our applications to perform similar functions as cookies and web beacons. For example, SDKs may collect technical and usage information such as mobile device identifiers and your interactions with our site and other mobile apps.
Managing cookies and other technologies. Cookies can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). Check your browser settings to learn how to delete cookies.
You may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Controlling cookies via browser controls may not limit our use of other technologies. Please consult your browser’s settings for more information. However, blocking cookies or similar technology might prevent you from accessing some of our content or Site features.
Our site may use locally stored objects (“LSOs”) to provide certain content and a better user experience. Adobe’s Flash player and similar applications use this technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies. Flash cookies are not managed through your web browser, but you can access your Flash management tools by visiting Adobe’s web site. Your browser may also offer other tools to delete or reject other LSOs; please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information.
Some portion of our site may use Google Analytics to analyze traffic. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies by visiting the following location provided: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our site, you can download and install the Browser Plugin available by visiting the following location provided: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We have put in place commercially reasonable controls designed to help safeguard the personal information we collect via our site. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that personal information that we collect will never be accessed or used in an unauthorized way.